In m opinion, I think sometimes celebrities should be held to a higher standard. Since they're people who are really well known by the world, there are lots of people, including children, watching them, so I think they should act better with respect as a role models instead of creating chaos.
The whole entire situation was just so frightening and I couldn't feel a sense of respect there. Chris Rock might've found his joke entertaining, but he was actually just pointing his finger at Jada Pinkett Smith and exposing something that is really uncomfortable for her to the audience. Jada Pinkett Smith has been suffering from Alopecia (Hair Loss). This affects a lot of people's appearances so that's why it should not be brought out as a joke. However, Jada Pinkett Smith didn't seem to have any reactions to the slap, but the reason why Will Smith took his step was that he saw his wife's face when hearing the jokes that were made by Chris Rock. She looks annoyed, exposed, and really uncomfortable. I think she should've at least said something so this whole entire situation wouldn't have seemed so negative. Will Smith was meant to protect his wife. He could be a nice man by defending his wife, but that punch might've taken it way too far. He should've used his words instead of violence.
If there is a celebrity that I really admired, I wouldn't encourage them to pick violence over communicating, but I would say it is fine to use all necessary force when someone is not stopping to make you uncomfortable. I wouldn't feel less about them because this is called self-dense, or protecting someone who is really important to you.
I remember seeing this TikTok about Cardi B fighting this other girl because that girl was flirting with Cardi B's boyfriend or husband. That girl knew that the guy is with Cardi B but she still went and flirted with him. Cardi B found out and went up to her, and said "HEYY..". The girl gave Cardi a side look and said, "What's up with you?". Cardi got really mad. She basically jumped on the other and started fighting. They were fulling each other's hair and scratching each other.
About the event at the Oscars and the celebrities, people had a big discussion about whether is was real or acted. I think it could be acted, because many people started recording after that slap, and in the videos, Jada Pinkett Smith was caught laughing like it was a joke. Even if it was real, Chris Rock still deserved the slap because that is his consequence.
Comments
Post a Comment